MAIDEN LA is an inclusive and expansive survey of Los Angeles art happenings throughout the month of August. It considers the city as a platform for generative discourse and exchange and aims to dissolve hierarchies by connecting artists, collectives, curators, galleries, museums, et cetera. 2018 marks its third iteration.
MAIDEN LA--a playful anagram and homophone of the Hammer Museum’s ‘Made in LA’-- is a call to assemble and host open studios, group shows, performances, web-based works, or any variety of self-initiated projects in both traditional and unconventional spaces. Artists, organizers, and self-started spaces are encouraged to host a project anytime during the month of August, and to submit project details for inclusion in an online directory and printed guide.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE is June 15, 2018 11:59 p.m. PST
- Project must take place in LA County to be included in the program
- Project must take place during August 2018
- You may submit multiple projects as long as they are in LA County during the month of August
- Any information provided in the application should be print-ready.
- Double check all dates/times/titles, etc., as what you enter on this form will be included on our directory, website and promotional material.
- Once submitted, these details cannot be changed.
- Be as specific as possible, as the information you include will be published both online and on our printed guide and may also be used for press inquiries.
- If you did not receive a confirmation email once submitted, be sure to check your Spam folder and add us to your address book so that you will receive all subsequent communications.
- If you have any additional questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To connect with other participants about potential collaborations, venues, etc., please post to our Community Bulletin Board.